Adventure dives in Alexandroupoli
About The Place
Nestled on the northeastern edge of Greece, Alexandroupoli is a vibrant coastal city with a unique blend of historical significance and modern charm. Serving as a vital economic and transportation hub, the city is characterized by its bustling port, connecting Greece with neighboring countries. Alexandroupoli boasts a cosmopolitan atmosphere, welcoming visitors with a mix of cultural influences from both Europe and Asia.
The city’s waterfront is a central focal point, featuring a picturesque promenade, vibrant cafes, and restaurants where locals and tourists alike gather to enjoy the Aegean Sea views. The Lighthouse of Alexandroupoli, an iconic landmark, graces the harbor and provides panoramic vistas of the city and the sea.
Beyond its maritime allure, Alexandroupoli offers cultural experiences through its museums and historic sites. The Ethnological Museum and the Ecclesiastical Museum provide insights into the region’s rich history, while the iconic Mohamed Ali Square showcases neoclassical architecture.
- 3 Hours (45 minutes of Diving)
An exhilarating scuba diving adventure and uncover the untouched wonders of northeastern Greece. Experience the awe-inspiring beauty of the Alexandroupoli area along the mainland’s coastline, or set sail on a boat safari to explore the vast region of Thrace. Join Goextreme, who organizes daily boat safaris, and immerse yourself in the exploration of an exceptional island that remains untouched by mass tourism.
The waters near Alexandroupoli offer warm and crystal-clear conditions, providing a variety of diving experiences, from captivating caves and majestic walls to vibrant reefs and intriguing shipwrecks.
- Papades: Dive into a captivating reef adorned with underwater holes, catering to both beginner and experienced divers. Accessible by boat or car, the maximum depth reaches 18 meters.
- Petrota: Explore another stunning reef showcasing unique colors and a rich diversity of marine life. Ideal for intermediate to advanced divers, the maximum depth is 18 meters.
- Lobster: Immerse yourself in a vibrant reef located near a rocky beach, reachable only by boat. Aptly named “Lobster” due to the abundance of lobster species. Similar to the previous spots, the depth reaches 18 meters.
- Spilia (Cave): Delve into a shallow-water cave, offering easy access and numerous captivating spots to discover. Suitable for divers of various skill levels, as the depth doesn’t exceed 18 meters.
- Imeros: Prepare for an extraordinary diving experience at one of the area’s premier spots. Be awestruck by colossal rocks and vertical cliffs, as you explore caves, reefs, and walls. Accessible solely by boat.
Select your preferred location from the options above. The entire activity, including transportation and a 45-minute dive, spans approximately 3 hours.
All necessary equipment for the activity (Tank, weights, belt etc)
Transfer from/To Alexandroupolis
- You need to be a certified diver to dive in the spots above. Minimum Open Water Certification for the dives to 18 meters, and Advanced Open Water for the dives under 18 meters
- Starting time 10:00
- Ending time 13:00
Cancellation Policy - Flexible
- Whenever you cancel 4 days or earlier than the confirmed activity starting date, your fee will be refunded for the entire activity charge.
- In case of cancellation within 48 and 96 hours before the scheduled activity starting date, you'll get 50% reimbursed.
- Those who cancel 48 hours or beyond are considered last-minute cancellations. There will be no refunds