Canyoning in Tsoutsouras
Abseiling number: 13
Max abseiling height: 32m
- 7 Hours
Embark on a thrilling canyoning adventure in the captivating region of Viannos, located in South Crete, where a collection of over 10 breathtaking gorges awaits your exploration. Among them, the Tsoutsouros gorge stands out as a stunning and technically diverse canyon, perfect for beginners and children aged 12 and above.
Our journey begins with a short hike from the parking spot, leading us to the entrance of the canyon at the picturesque position of Sfakias. As we venture deeper into the gorge, we encounter a series of abseils that start off short and easy, allowing us to familiarize ourselves with the techniques and equipment. However, as we progress, the abseils gradually become longer and steeper, adding an exhilarating challenge to our descent.
Throughout the canyoning experience, we are treated to an ever-changing terrain and awe-inspiring vistas that stretch towards the mesmerizing sea. Depending on the weather conditions, we may even be blessed with the presence of water in the gorge, presenting us with the incredible opportunity to abseil down enchanting waterfalls. The duration of the descent can range from 3 to 4 hours, depending on the group’s level of experience and pace.
Upon reaching the end of our exhilarating journey, we emerge at the picturesque south coast of Crete, in the charming village of Tsoutsouros.
- Personal expenses, such as coffees and alcoholic drinks
- Anything not mentioned in the “includes” list
What to Bring
Low Trekking shoes or Sports shoes
A second – spare outfit
Experienced canyoning guide
Free transport from/to your hotel with our Vans. (as long as you are within the North Heraklion area)
Lunch pack (water,energy bar, fruits, juice box)
Canyoning equipment (in excellent condition,from top of the line companies)
- Minimum of 3 participants
- Minimum age 12+
- Starting time 08:00
- Ending time 15:00
Cancellation Policy - Flexible
- Whenever you cancel 4 days or earlier than the confirmed activity starting date, your fee will be refunded for the entire activity charge.
- In case of cancellation within 48 and 96 hours before the scheduled activity starting date, you'll get 50% reimbursed.
- Those who cancel 48 hours or beyond are considered last-minute cancellations. There will be no refunds