Hiking Vikos Gorge
- 6 – 8 hours
- Distance : 13 KM
Zagori: Hiking the Vikos gorge is not to be missed! It’s well known for beeing the deepest gorge in the country and for its big variety of wildlife. Starting the long 12 km crossing we will have the chance to walk on 17th century built stone paths and see interesting geological formations. Uphilling the gorge reveals its natural and imposing beauty! The end of the hike rewards us with the natural highlight of the hike, crossing the Voidomatis river springs.
The hike starts from Monodentri village. We need approximately 45 minutes until we reach the river bed. At approximately 4 hours we reach the springs of Voidomatis and its’ bubbling crystal clear waters, where a refreshing dive is an option for the brave! The hike finishes at Vikos village after another hour of ascent to the canyons exit. At Vikos village a local transfer is arranged to return us to the starting location, Monodentri village.
Better not waste your time, if you are in Zagori and you like hiking, the Vikos gorge is one of the things you deffinately must do!!
What to Bring
Comfortable hiking shoes & trousers
Bottle of water
Certified & Experienced Mountain Guide
Pic nic snack (seasonal fruits, energy bars)
Pair of hiking poles per person
1 backpack for 4 persons
- Minimum Age 12+ years
- Good physical condition and mental health
- Starting Time 09:00
- Ending Time 15:00 - 16:00
Cancellation Policy - Flexible
- Whenever you cancel 4 days or earlier than the confirmed activity starting date, your fee will be refunded for the entire activity charge.
- In case of cancellation within 48 and 96 hours before the scheduled activity starting date, you'll get 50% reimbursed.
- Those who cancel 48 hours or beyond are considered last-minute cancellations. There will be no refunds