Meteora Sunset e-bike Tour
About The Place
Meteora, is a mesmerizing and unique geological wonder that has captivated travelers and spiritual seekers for centuries. The word “Meteora” translates to “suspended in the air,” a fitting name for this otherworldly landscape of towering rock formations that seem to defy gravity. This UNESCO World Heritage site is renowned for its monasteries perched precariously atop these colossal sandstone pillars, creating a breathtaking fusion of natural beauty and human ingenuity.
The history of Meteora dates back to the 11th century when hermit monks sought solitude and spiritual elevation in this remote wilderness. The first monasteries were built during the 14th century, and by the 16th century, there were nearly 24 monasteries clinging to the cliffs. These monasteries served as sanctuaries during times of political turmoil and invasions, offering both protection and a peaceful environment for prayer and contemplation.
Access to the monasteries was originally via ropes and baskets, making them almost impregnable. Later, steps and pathways were carved into the rock, making it somewhat more accessible. However, the ascent remains a formidable challenge even today. Visitors can explore several of these monasteries, each with its unique history, religious artifacts, and stunning frescoes.
During the 20th century, Meteora gained international recognition, attracting travelers and photographers from around the world. It also played a role in World War II, serving as a refuge for resistance fighters. Today, the area is a popular destination for tourists, hikers, and spiritual pilgrims alike, offering not only a glimpse into Greece’s rich monastic history but also an opportunity to commune with nature and experience a profound sense of serenity amid the awe-inspiring landscape of Meteora.
Watch the unbelievable sunset over the vertical cliffs of Meteora on this 3-hour guided e-bike tour
Τake pictures and document this spellbinding moment
Pedal through the breathtaking landscape, between rocky towers and historic church castles
Ride throught the most wonderful locations of Meteora while the electric-assistance bikes will do the job.
- 3 Hours
Explore the breathtaking rock forest of Meteora at dusk. Ride through the orthodox castles chasing the golden sunset colors. A mesmerizing riding experience on the quietest hour of the day. Release your senses… breath, smell, and listen to everything. This tour, for sure, will leave an unforgettable memory.
We meet in our office in the center of Kalampaka. We pick and adjust our bikes and equipment. Your tour leader will lead you out on a 3-hour sightseeing tour by e-bikes. Hear stories about tradition, history and landmarks you see along the route. You will take many short breaks for pictures and chat and as the sun slowly sets behind the mountains you will stop and enjoy the most amazing sunset from the best spot in Meteora.Groups are small,with a maximum of 9 people and your local tour leader.
*Starting times Seasonal adjustment:
7 January – 10 February 14:30
11 February – 10 March 15:30
11 March – 25 March 16:00
26 March- 30 April 17:30
1 May – 15 August 18:00
16 August – 10 September 17:30
11 September – 30 September 17:00
1 October – 14 October 16:30
15 October – 28 October 16:00
29 October – 6 January 14:30
* THIS TOUR IS NOT FOR BEGINNERS *
You must be able to ride a bicycle in total control on a mountain road, shared with cars. This is for your own safety and the smooth operation of the tour.
What to Bring
Comfortable clothes (preferably quick-drying material: cotton or polycotton not denim)
Electric assistance bike
Certified tour leader
Water & Light snack
Raincoat (if needed)
- Children must be over 12 years old (contact if younger, as solutions can be found)
- Riders must be more than 1.45 meters tall and weigh less than 120 kg
- You must know how to ride a bicycle very well on a road shared with slow passing cars,and you need to pedal throughout the ride (easy pedaling)
- This tour is not recommended for pregnant women, anyone with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions or for those with back or knee problems
- Participants must not be afraid of riding on streets without a bicycle lane.
- Women must wear a skirt in the monasteries. Men must wear long pants or shorts below the knee.
- Monastery tickets (3 euros each, cash only) excluded
Cancellation Policy - Flexible
- Whenever you cancel 4 days or earlier than the confirmed activity starting date, your fee will be refunded for the entire activity charge.
- In case of cancellation within 48 and 96 hours before the scheduled activity starting date, you'll get 50% reimbursed.
- Those who cancel 48 hours or beyond are considered last-minute cancellations. There will be no refunds